Great stuff. Funny how these old films exert a strange, erotic charm even if they are very 'tame' and the punishments obviously faked. Those two girls looked fabulous in their smart grey school uniforms, especially with their bottoms on display and their thighs and legs thrashing around. One of them looked like a very young Joanna Lumley. I wonder, I mean, no...surely not! :-D
A gem from a bygone era. Even the girls' bums can't distract from the chap's sideburns! Odd that one of them gets to keep her panties on. I like the twist at the end: good for him that he turns fantasy into reality. And the bonus scene at the end is nice.
NMO, I absolutely agree with you. There is something strangely erotic about those old films and videos—an elusive quality that is missing from the subsequent and almost inevitably disappointing crop of productions.
As for the actress we were discussing, clearly it was not her. I think it was the woman who appeared in Late for School; in fact, I am now almost certain of it.
That does not mean Joanna Lumley did not appear in Are You Being Served?, where she lifts her gym-style tunic to reveal navy knickers and stocking tops. Nor was she the only well-known actress to appear in such period costume: similar school-uniform imagery appeared in mainstream films of that era, including Jenny Agutter’s costumes in I Start Counting and Walkabout.
I absolutely agree that it was a great shame the scene involving the second woman did not go further. My recollection is that grey school uniforms were especially associated with girls’ private—or, more properly, public—schools, which contributed to the very particular atmosphere these productions created.
Strangely I've never seen that episode of Are You Being Served? before. Most interesting!Yes, there's a few films in which mainstream actresses have played schoolgirls. I'm loath to mention any names as doing so seems to make posts, temporarily at least, disappear! But this one comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmNXMUFwaY
Not quite the same as appearing in a 'sleazy' Soho spanking movie though!
Yes, there's definitely something about those grey uniforms. Seem to lend a note of real authenticity somehow.
Yes NMO she’s very much like Lumley…!!.. Is it just my video playback or are they wearing grey knickers ? Wonder if replicas can still be bought .?? More usual to see them in green or navy blue
Hi Max M as a bit of a school knicker nerd I can sadly tell you that grey school knickers indeed any school knicker are no longer being manufactured in this country so you can only buy new, old stock ...a very sad day. Some David Luke brand are buyable on ebay in navy,white and bottle. and maybe maroon. If you look closely you will see that when he pulls her knickers down they are the 1960's pattern with a double back panel. Even closer and you will see the label in not attached to the middle of the waistband elastic but attached to one of the seams of the panels. This only applies to Mollissa brand which are quite rare although a few are availabel on ebay in green if you want to spend £200 or so
Yes, Max, I do believe they are grey. That strikes me as a very good idea as I always think that a girl's knickers are as much a part of her school uniform as her blazer and that, therefore, the regulation knicker colour should match that of the blazer. This being the case it is surely only right that randomly selected and impromptu knicker inspections are carried out daily to ensure full uniform compliance. I say 'random' though, in practice, I dare say it would be the prettier girls who would most often be the subject of such schoolmasterly investigations, the penalty for the wrong knickers being the same as that for any other uniform infraction - a bare bottom spanking and caning. The offending undergarments would also be confiscated and their erstwhile wearer be made to spend the rest of the school day knickerless. I can imagine some schoolmasters' building up nice little collections of such items.
Very sorry, Anonymous, to hear that news about domestic school knicker manufacture. A very sad day for this country indeed. Your detailed knowledge on this subject is very much to be admired.
Yes, excellent and useful knowledge. It was nice when one could walk into my preferred school outfitters and ask for knickers in bottle green, white, light and navy blue, and, importantly, maroon. All gussetted. And matching P.T. shorts and vests. There were matching gymslips and pleated skirts. They also used to do matching ribbons so the girl had to put her hair in bunches or plaits for her caning. They had nice white shirts and the full range of local school ties.
Oh indeed. And a pleated maroon skirt to mid-thigh also goes well with a grey cardigan, and a maroon-and-white diagonally striped school tie with a crisp white shirt For girls with long thick hair, a mid-parting and 'barley-sugar' plaits with silky maroon ribbons in bows close to the ends, where the plaits fall onto the shoulders. This uniform particularly suits very pretty brunettes.
Agree, this colour scheme must have maroon knickers, or the girl is caned. School caretakers often volunteer to carry out knicker checks.
No. Indeed not. The check should be rigorous. St Marina's School for girls is renowned for being best in class for this. All sixth form girls are checked not just for the colour of their knickers on any given day, but also for the gusset. The rules are clear: the gusset must be white, cotton and sown-in. Understandably for this check to be done properly, all knickers have to be pulled down 'to mid-thigh or lower' as the rule stipulates.
Being mindful also of Anonymous's concerning comments above about declining UK school knicker manufacture, it is important that the undergarment in question is found to be the quality domestic product and not some cheap, foreign-made imitation.
School knicker fans might enjoy this audiobook https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/audiobook/worst-birthday-ever-caned-on-her-school-knickers?srsltid=AfmBOooDPahkFWVKefJVdvRYss9LItu5fDg9BnJzpE8WWESlhBvZm5-R
Great stuff. Funny how these old films exert a strange, erotic charm even if they are very 'tame' and the punishments obviously faked. Those two girls looked fabulous in their smart grey school uniforms, especially with their bottoms on display and their thighs and legs thrashing around. One of them looked like a very young Joanna Lumley. I wonder, I mean, no...surely not! :-D
ReplyDeletePerhaps I should have said they look absolutely fabulous!
DeleteOoh, what's happened to my first comment? (It was there originally).
DeleteOh look, my first comment is now back.
DeleteOh my word!! My dad filmed that when he worked for George Harrison Marks in the late 70s.
ReplyDeleteThat rules out who I thought one of them looked a bit like. Not that I was seriously suggesting it was her.
DeleteA gem from a bygone era. Even the girls' bums can't distract from the chap's sideburns! Odd that one of them gets to keep her panties on. I like the twist at the end: good for him that he turns fantasy into reality. And the bonus scene at the end is nice.
ReplyDeleteI never even noticed that one of them kept her knickers on. Must have been too entranced by the sight of the other one's bum.
DeleteNMO, I absolutely agree with you. There is something strangely erotic about those old films and videos—an elusive quality that is missing from the subsequent and almost inevitably disappointing crop of productions.
ReplyDeleteAs for the actress we were discussing, clearly it was not her. I think it was the woman who appeared in Late for School; in fact, I am now almost certain of it.
That does not mean Joanna Lumley did not appear in Are You Being Served?, where she lifts her gym-style tunic to reveal navy knickers and stocking tops. Nor was she the only well-known actress to appear in such period costume: similar school-uniform imagery appeared in mainstream films of that era, including Jenny Agutter’s costumes in I Start Counting and Walkabout.
I absolutely agree that it was a great shame the scene involving the second woman did not go further. My recollection is that grey school uniforms were especially associated with girls’ private—or, more properly, public—schools, which contributed to the very particular atmosphere these productions created.
Indeed. You can view a clip from that episode here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cr_oixKg6w
DeleteStrangely I've never seen that episode of Are You Being Served? before. Most interesting!Yes, there's a few films in which mainstream actresses have played schoolgirls. I'm loath to mention any names as doing so seems to make posts, temporarily at least, disappear! But this one comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmNXMUFwaY
DeleteNot quite the same as appearing in a 'sleazy' Soho spanking movie though!
Yes, there's definitely something about those grey uniforms. Seem to lend a note of real authenticity somehow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmNXMUFwaY
DeleteYes NMO she’s very much like Lumley…!!..
ReplyDeleteIs it just my video playback or are they wearing grey knickers ? Wonder if replicas can still be bought .??
More usual to see them in green or navy blue
Hi Max M as a bit of a school knicker nerd I can sadly tell you that grey school knickers indeed any school knicker are no longer being manufactured in this country so you can only buy new, old stock ...a very sad day. Some David Luke brand are buyable on ebay in navy,white and bottle. and maybe maroon. If you look closely you will see that when he pulls her knickers down they are the 1960's pattern with a double back panel. Even closer and you will see the label in not attached to the middle of the waistband elastic but attached to one of the seams of the panels. This only applies to Mollissa brand which are quite rare although a few are availabel on ebay in green if you want to spend £200 or so
ReplyDeleteYes, Max, I do believe they are grey. That strikes me as a very good idea as I always think that a girl's knickers are as much a part of her school uniform as her blazer and that, therefore, the regulation knicker colour should match that of the blazer. This being the case it is surely only right that randomly selected and impromptu knicker inspections are carried out daily to ensure full uniform compliance. I say 'random' though, in practice, I dare say it would be the prettier girls who would most often be the subject of such schoolmasterly investigations, the penalty for the wrong knickers being the same as that for any other uniform infraction - a bare bottom spanking and caning. The offending undergarments would also be confiscated and their erstwhile wearer be made to spend the rest of the school day knickerless. I can imagine some schoolmasters' building up nice little collections of such items.
DeleteVery sorry, Anonymous, to hear that news about domestic school knicker manufacture. A very sad day for this country indeed. Your detailed knowledge on this subject is very much to be admired.
Yes, excellent and useful knowledge. It was nice when one could walk into my preferred school outfitters and ask for knickers in bottle green, white, light and navy blue, and, importantly, maroon. All gussetted. And matching P.T. shorts and vests. There were matching gymslips and pleated skirts. They also used to do matching ribbons so the girl had to put her hair in bunches or plaits for her caning. They had nice white shirts and the full range of local school ties.
DeleteYes, a maroon blazer and maroon knickers, what a marvellous combination.
DeleteOh indeed.
DeleteAnd a pleated maroon skirt to mid-thigh also goes well with a grey cardigan, and a maroon-and-white diagonally striped school tie with a crisp white shirt For girls with long thick hair, a mid-parting and 'barley-sugar' plaits with silky maroon ribbons in bows close to the ends, where the plaits fall onto the shoulders.
This uniform particularly suits very pretty brunettes.
Agree, this colour scheme must have maroon knickers, or the girl is caned. School caretakers often volunteer to carry out knicker checks.
Of course, it's not just the colour that has to be checked but the fit and overall snugness. We can't be having baggy knickers.
DeleteNo. Indeed not. The check should be rigorous. St Marina's School for girls is renowned for being best in class for this. All sixth form girls are checked not just for the colour of their knickers on any given day, but also for the gusset. The rules are clear: the gusset must be white, cotton and sown-in.
DeleteUnderstandably for this check to be done properly, all knickers have to be pulled down 'to mid-thigh or lower' as the rule stipulates.
Being mindful also of Anonymous's concerning comments above about declining UK school knicker manufacture, it is important that the undergarment in question is found to be the quality domestic product and not some cheap, foreign-made imitation.
DeleteSchool knicker fans might enjoy this audiobook https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/audiobook/worst-birthday-ever-caned-on-her-school-knickers?srsltid=AfmBOooDPahkFWVKefJVdvRYss9LItu5fDg9BnJzpE8WWESlhBvZm5-R
ReplyDeletethat was very good right on trend .... thanks Anon
ReplyDelete